Zucchini Big Mac sauce, a very easy recipe & certainly tasty !
Oh my goodness me, I have been working on this one for a while now, first trying it as a powder (which didn’t work), so a sauce it is. Totally delicious & I have eaten it alongside the real deal (all in the name of research !) & it was so so similiar, I actually impressed with myself ! It is only 24 calories & 1.6 gm net carb per serve, which is 1/4 cup for this recipe.
So, it is basically creamed zucchini with all these flavours mixed in. Zucchini is a very bland vegetable so took all the flavours on really well.
Do make sure you get the low sugar gherkins, they are in a jar and the cal & carb content should be minimal. Avoid the “sweet” ones. If you can’t get your hands on no added sugar tomato sauce, use tomato paste instead.
Don’t forget to keep blending until it is nice & smooth. It may take time but it is worth it. I did this one in my Ninja blender. Ensure you cool the zucchini down first if you are going to do the same.
Serve with the carrot french fries & you are in take away heaven !
I really hope you enjoy it !
- 1 cup peeled & diced zucchini
- 1 tsp white vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 3 tsp no added sugar tomato sauce
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp finely diced brown onion
- 3 gherkins (5 tsp) finely chopped (must be continental or european, low sugar)
- 1 tsp liquid from the gherkin jar
- Place the diced zucchini in a bowl & microwave for approx. 4 mins until soft. Tip into a sieve & run under cold water to cool.
- Add this, along with the vinegar, dijon mustard, tomato sauce, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder & gherkin liquid to a blender.
- Blend until smooth & creamy (around 1-2 mins). Add the olive oil & blend again for around 30 secs. This helps emulsify the sause & make it super creamy. Season with salt & pepper.
- Stir through the diced onion & gherkin & its ready to devour !
- This gets better as it sits in the fridge. Stir occasionally.
- Keeps for at least five days. Can be frozen in ice cubes & defrosted when needed.
- Makes 1 cup of sauce, serving size is 1/4 cup (ie. yield of 4).
- Serve with the carrot french fries or other roasted vegetables. Also yummy as a salad dressing.